3D Printing Finish: Painting
Painting is exclusively available for white plastic and cannot be applied to interlocking parts. The painting process gives a color to the material in any of the available paints with specific RAL. The colors are spread on the material using a spray gun, allowing a uniform and smooth surface while maintaining every detail of the printed object: the paint layer only adds 200 microns of thickness on average.
Unlike dye, paint is very durable and retains the same shade without losing intensity. Since we use a cellulose paint, there is no risk once it dries of staining clothing or your skin. It is therefore suitable for all uses. However, when in contact with some solvents, paint may degrade. Similarly, if the painted piece is striped, rubbed or scratched, the paint may wear or clear, so it is advisable not to use this finish for mechanical parts but for prototypes and exhibits. Finally, complex parts may not be painted in the most inaccessible areas, although our operators make every effort to achieve a uniform result over the entire surface of the part.
The RAL references of the different colors are the following:
|Silver||PB390 50 PB630 50 Alu 42024|
For every color, we offer two different finishes:
- Matte : the surface is cleaned and keeps a matte appearance.
- Glossy : your object is coated with a varnish to give it a shiny appearance.
The maximum size of your models are limited by the physical size of our 3D printers - if it doesn’t fit, it can’t be used. If you wish to have a painted object bigger than the maximum size, do not hesitate to contact us .
|Maximum size painting||
300 x 220 x 200 mm
x+y+z ≤ 540 mm
|Minimum size painting||15 x 15 x 15 mm
There is no minimum size for polyamide prints as long as you follow the design guidelines of the material.
The painting process adds two additional business days to the turnaround time on your parts, varnishing to have the " Glossy " finish adds another additional day . This means:
- Express Production: not available.
- Standard production: minimum 4-5 business days, 5-6 business days with the " Glossy " finish.
- Economy Production: the delivery time is not guaranteed. Your object is delivered on average within ten days for plastic.
- Plastic 3D Printing Material
- Sterling Silver 3D printing Material
- Brass 3D Printing Material
- Resin 3D Printing Materials
- Multicolor 3D Printing Material