This tutorial is for laser cutting enthusiasts and new-comers. It will give you tips to prepare your files for laser cutting.
Inkscape is a free and open source vector graphics editor
. Its cross-platform support means that you can use it whatever your operating system; the fact that it’s free makes it ideal for those on a budget.
For the purposes of this tutorial we’ll be using the metric system and MDF at 3 mm thickness, but if you’re using different units or a different material, simply look up the appropriate values in our Materials Catalogue
and substitute them.
Key values for MDF 3 mm thick:
- Kerf: 0.16 mm
- Maximum Size: 940 x 590 mm
- Minimum Safe Line Spacing: 1 mm
Throughout the tutorial, you will learn:
Once you have built your file, you can upload it on our website and laser cut it!
- To customize your document properties on Inkskape
- Some tips for Laser Cutting
- To export your file and upload it onto our platform